Welcome to Bugbee Elementary School!
Kelly Brouse, Principal
Katie Feldman, Curriculum Specialist
1943 Asylum Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117
Phone: 860-929-5500 Fax: 860-236-2486
Want to get a headstart on your holiday shopping AND support the Bugbee Library? Then come to the Bugbee Bookfair on November 28th from 10am-9pm. Mention Bugbee at check-out and a percentage of the sale will go to the Bugbee Library.
Come by Barnes and Nobles to check out:
- Teacher Wish List table! Looking to support your child's classroom directly? Consider purchasing a book for your child's teacher. It makes a perfect thank you gift!
- Mini Talent Show!! K-2 students from 6-6:30 pm, 3-5 students from 6:30-7 pm
If you aren't able to come into the Barnes & Noble store for the Bugbee Bookfair, you can still support the Bugbee Library by ordering online at bn.com/bookfairs between 11/28 and 12/3. Enter the Bugbee Bookfair ID 122528622 during checkout.
We hope to see you there!
Bugbee In The News
- Hurricane Relief: Bugbee students connect with schools in Texas and Florida to raise funds after the hurricane. Read the story here.
- Crosstown Connections Through Music: Check out this West Hartford Press article about how Bugbee and COIA students collaborated in a virtual music community!
- Fill-a-Bus 2017: What an amazing accomplishment! The Bugbee community collected over 4,000 food items to donate to the WH Food Pantry. Check out this article for more information.
- International Night 2017: A highlight of the year for our community! Check out some pictures from our event in West Hartford Press and The Courant.
- West Hartford Life article about Bugbee and COIA students collaborating after a visit to the New Britain Museum of American Art.
- Fourth Grade Student Helps Shelter Animals. Read about how one of our fourth grade students used a reading project to help an animal shelter. Another article in The Courant.
- Bugbee was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School for 2013! U.S. Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan recognized Bugbee School as a National Blue Ribbon School for 2013! The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program award recognizes public and private elementary, middle, and high schools where students either achieve very high learning standards or are making notable improvements toward those standards. The National Blue Ribbon School award affirms the hard work of students, educators, families, and communities in outstanding schools.