West Hartford Public Schools is excited to offer nationally accredited school-day pre-kindergarten programs for West Hartford residents at Webster Hill Elementary School!
- one classroom
- must be 4 years old on or before January 1st
- only families in the Webster Hill neighborhood may apply
The West Hartford Public Schools prekindergarten implements the Creative Curriculum for Preschool. This play-based approach is grounded in research and early childhood theory. Teachers plan for and assess young children's development using the companion assessment tool called Teaching Strategies GOLD.
The pre-kindergarten program currently does not accept applications for children that are kindergarten age eligible. Applications are available online and in elementary school offices between January and March the school year prior. Enrollment is based on a lottery system. Tuition is assessed on a sliding scale based on gross yearly income and family size.
Webster Hill PreK Lottery
- PreKindergarten Application Process Begins: January 7, 2021
- Flyer in school newsletter: Monthly for January, February, and March
- Parent Information Meeting at Webster Hill: February 3, 2021 at 6:00 PM Join the Google Meeting
- Magnet Application due: March 5, 2021 by 4:00pm
- Magnet Lottery Results sent to parents: March 19, 2021
- Parent responses to acceptances due: March 26, 2021
- First look at waiting list: Late June
- Final look at waiting list: Mid-August
- What is the curriculum?
- What does it mean to be a NAEYC Accredited Program?
- How does the lottery work?
- Where can I apply for the pre-kindergarten program?
- How old does my child have to be to attend a pre-kindergarten program in the West Hartford Public Schools?
- Can I apply to more than one magnet pre-kindergarten program?
- Do I have to be a resident of West Hartford to apply for pre-kindergarten?
- What is the cost and is financial aid available?
- Do I have to register my child before I complete the application for pre-kindergarten?
- Is there a waiting list if my child does not get admitted into the pre-kindergarten program?
- If my child is not accepted into one of the public school pre-kindergarten programs, is there a list of private programs available in West Hartford?
- Whom do I call if I still have questions about pre-kindergarten in West Hartford?
- What are the health requirements and immunization requirements for school entry?
- What if my child is not toilet trained?
- What is the program schedule?
- Will transportation be provided for my child?
- Are there before and after school programs available at school?
- I have questions about Special Education for my pre-kindergarten aged child.